Two Sundays ago I headed up to Los Angeles to visit with my dear friends Paul and David for a fun Academy Awards soiree. I love those guys and it has been quite a while since I last saw them even although we all live in SoCal. (Alas, the Orange Curtain really does exist due to the crazy traffic).
Anyway, I never like to show up empty-handed so I made a batch of chocolate chip quinoa cookies to ensure I could provide both yummy and healthy goodies since both they and their friends are in such good shape.
The cookies were a hit! One of their friends even said I could sell baggies of these at Equinox gym promoting a “quick, delicious protein snack.” Hmmm… literal food for thought.
Regardless, here is the recipe. If someone decides to mass produce these and make a thriving business out of it, let me know. :0
• 3 large ripe bananas
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup COOKED quinoa (don’t forget to cook it first)
• 1 cup uncooked oatmeal flakes
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup dark chocolate mini chocolate chips (or use carob chips for an even healthier version)
• pinch of sea salt
• Preheat your oven to 380°F
• In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
• Add pinch of sea salt, vanilla, cooked quinoa, oatmeal flakes, coconut flakes and brown sugar.
• Mix until well combined.
• Stir in chocolate chips.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop batter onto the cooking sheet.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool.
The ingredients are simple!
Don’t forget to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper! This is very important so they don’t stick.
Cool them on a wire rack. So delish!